March 19, 2016

Listening to Crazy


I've been working steadily on Book 2 of the Broken Bloodlines series, and that old excitement is creeping back up on me. Characters are floating around in my brain, and the writing has been fairly easy so much. They are all talking to me, letting me know what needs to happen. I'm a more mature writer at this point, working on Book 2. How many years ago was Book 1 started? Gosh, I believe it has been more than a decade. Oh man, I shouldn't have done the math just then. Damn.
  I've been listening to audiobooks steadily since about October, and I've got to tell you, I am totally smitten. Having that auditory stream going through my head all week driving back and forth from work has really helped me with description in my writing. I always struggled with slowing down enough to expand a scene to make it a clear picture for the reader. I hear the story much more clearer in my own head.

KR
 

No comments:

Post a Comment