February 01, 2014

Action-Packed Weekend

I wore my S.U. hoodie to work yesterday, and helped four customers find S.U. gear and complete orange and blue outfits. It's going to be an exciting game, folks. But I have a confession: this is only my second season of being an S.U. fan. I admit, I was never into it before I started dating A. But now I know the players, and watch 95% of the games and I finally get it: ORANGE PRIDE. A took me to my first basketball game two months ago; I had only ever been to the Dome (that I remember) once before, to a football game with the ex-wife the year before. As it happened, my sister and bro-in-law were also there so they came up and sat with us.
 Then Sunday brings the Superbowl, and can I just say that I am delighted that neither the Colts nor the Patriots are in it? Sorry if one of those is your team, I'm tired of seeing them there. I want to see like a Bears and Vikings match-up. I know, funny.
 Haven't had my interview yet, waiting and spinning it through my head in the meantime. Been on the register more, which I don't mind. I know cashiering is a minimum wage job, and it's so many people's first jobs before they move onto greener pastures, but I enjoy it. I like the little snippets of conversation you make with each customer, the little laughs that are generated. It's definitely more enjoyable at this place than the last, a higher caliber of customer helps. Sorry, but it's true. However, it's also due to a newer computer system and better cashiering process.
 I'm kind of a stickler when it comes to cashiering. I am very turned off when I go through a cashier's line, and he/she continues their conversation with the other cashier, and is barely paying attention to what he/she is doing. I give each customer individual attention, because that's what I would like when I'm the customer.
   I'm having a writing marathon morning while A is at work, then I guess we're going to go shopping at Wegmans. WEGMANS, ON S.U./SUPERBOWL WEEKEND. He is out of his mind. By the way, I love how Wegmans advertises for sushi this weekend. Maybe I'm old fashioned and sexist and on the verge of making a LGBT faux pas, but what fucking dude is going to eat sushi while he watches the Superbowl? Is this something women do? Am I just out of a loop on this? I mean, I wouldn't mind sushi, but it just doesn't seem like an effective ad campaign.
 Have a fabulous and chicken-wing eating weekend, America. And remember to wash your hands before you handle your junk- you don't want that killer hot sauce down there ;)
 K

No comments:

Post a Comment