February 05, 2014

Pilgrimage of Hermitage

I am attempting to get some writing done this morning. I've decided to do a blog entry in attempt to get rid of some of the ADD I'm feeling. I am sitting on my couch, with the laptop sitting on a pillow, on my lap, and the blanket over my head. I'm listening to pop latino music currently, but I might switch back to classical.
 This manuscript is getting tedious. I have it all planned out, I know how it ends, its just a matter of finishing the scenes. Ah, that key component! But what else am I going to do with my day off, when there's accumulating inches of precipitation outside? The roads are shit, and there's a good chance I won't leave my house today. Except to shovel- I need to get some exercise in. If the weather wasn't shit, I would probably pack up the laptop and take it to the library to write.
 As I sit here, I realize how much more of a homebody I've become. I don't even make an effort to hang out with people anymore. A lot of the reason is that the majority of my social circle is people from the club, and while I'm not trying to shit on them, I also am no longer interested in hanging out with them. I made the choice to leave that circle, and move on with my life. Some of the reason is that I'm no longer in an anxiety-ridden relationship, where I needed other people to help me feel validated. A and I don't like the majority of people, and we're content with each other's company.

  With the writing, I remind myself that this is what I've wanted for so long- to have a normal job, and on my days off, spend it all day writing on my laptop. The last time I was close to this was when I was still married, and could spend all day writing and then all night dancing. But back then the relationship was shit, and I wasn't as wholesomely happy as I am now.
 Reading this entry over, I used the word 'shit' quite a bit. My apologies, but the shit fit ;)
K

No comments:

Post a Comment