October 08, 2016

This Post Turned Into a Rant about Pumpkin Spice. Oops.

GOOD MORNING!!
 
  Ah, a blissful calm Saturday of writing and listening to music and loving my kitties. I've got a erotica ghostwriting gig to finish and I just started the first of two delicious French press coffees, with the perfect amount of coconut creamer and sugar. (Blogger, you need to install an emoticon effect. I could really use at least three tongue-licking-chops-faces right now. Make it happen.) 
 I haven't been working on either Broken Bloodlines or The Underbelly Series. Poor things, are just withering in the cloud. But I imagine that I will soon surge back into it. The fall always brings out the Better Writer in me. The guilt that chases me around all spring and summer when I'm inside writing and not OUTSIDE ENJOYING THE WEATHER finally recedes, and my page count increases as the temperature drops outside.
  I would imagine a lot of you are like that, also. I love the fall, its an amazing season. The only thing that I wish would drop out of our society's orbit, is that damned pumpkin spice nonsense. The drinks, the baked goods, the lip glosses (dear god)....pumpkin flavored beer?? What the hell is wrong with people? I feel like those fall-flavor suckers are just drinking and eating the shit because its a yearly fad. They don't even like any of it.
  Okay, I'm done ranting. Back to writing.

KR 


No comments:

Post a Comment