September 20, 2013

Kelly Raine's Public Service Announcement

Morning, y'all. Thank Fuck it's Friday, and I have all weekend off, YEEHAWWWW!!! So excited! There's family time, apple picking, lovemakin' and delicious meals in store ;) This is going to sound funny coming from this once-upon-a-time farm girl, but I don't believe I've ever been apple picking. I have no recollection of doing such, and that is such a strange thing to me, lol. I remember going blueberry and strawberry picking with my mother, but no apples.
 May I be allowed to rant for a minute? Subject: Personal Responsibility. 
On the news this morning, there was a blurb about the possibility of food-stamp reform and I was reminded of how a family came through my line yesterday, and used one such form of payment. They bought $30 worth of candy. Awesome. Why the fuck is that allowed? I would even understand 1 or 2 candy items- for all I know they have a diabetic person in the family who needs candy around in case of a sudden blood sugar drop. I get that, I have a nephew who's diabetic. Quick sugar is necessary to have around for such a situation. But $30 worth? 
  I get frustrated with the people that don't try. Don't try to elevate their situation in life, better themselves, get educated, DO SOMETHING PROACTIVE. I've left the club and I'm still surrounded by those that are content to just hang out, and continue to make poor decisions and keep the viscous cycle going from whence they came.
  I can't stand that, it drives me crazy. I wish there was a quick solution, I know there's not. I wish I could bitch-slap the fuck out of all the idiots out there. I can't understand why it's not more apparent to people that they should do better than their parents did. I don't care what color your skin is or where you come from, just fucking try. Don't expect me to have any respect for you if you don't. I have no tolerance for those that can't get out of their own way.
Lastly, STOP HAVING BABIES YOU CAN'T AFFORD! Having children before you're financially sound does nothing but lock you into a life of poverty and government assistance. 
Unless that is, you work your fucking ass off. And I know a few women who have overcome shitty circumstances and are doing well for themselves. I have nothing but immense respect for them.
For those that this rant applies to, I challenge you. Let's see what you're made of, sugah. 
KR
 

No comments:

Post a Comment