September 04, 2013

Childless

I drove to my sister's this morning to help get my niece and nephew on the bus for their first day of school. Their stupid cat- whom I rescued - was running all in the road and repeatedly going after the little girl across the street who hates cats. But I must say- that cat has made major progress- he was a complete nightmare for the first three years of his life due the trauma he sustained the first six weeks of his life. He was the third animal that I rescued or had a hand in rescuing from the club and all the idiots and animal abusers I've come into contact with through that place. I've rescued four, two of which I kept.
 Anyways, I've been feeling guilty because I don't go and hang with my niece and nephew as much as I used to. And part of it is just that I'm still sorta getting used to my life currently, and after being around annoying people at work all day, I really don't feel like being around kids. I love them, but....no. I want to go home to my childless, clean, quiet, calm place and chill with my best friend. 
 All the time I give thanks that I've never gotten pregnant. Sounds bad when I phrase it like that, instead of like, "...that I've never had kids." The former makes me sound a bit slutty, hmm?
I know that I'm only 27 and I might still change my mind....but yeah, no. I love babies, and I don't even mind changing shitty diapers. However, once they start walking and talking, my tolerance goes down significantly with each succeeding year. And they are SO full of energy, bless their little naive hearts. Wait till you figure out how exhausting & annoying life is a lot of the time, fuckers. I haven't gotten all the way there yet, and I'm tired. Children are just so much expensive work, for the rest of your life. I don't like situations that you can't get out of. Well, unless you're a total douchebag (and by that, I'm talking about parents who abuse/neglect their kids, not abortion- that's another day) , but generally kids are forever. And they're annoying for so long.
Maybe that makes me sound like a monster, but that's why I don't have any. Choices people, choices. We all got 'em, let's make smart ones, shall we? 

 Ok, I gotta go deal with those that don't make good choices, har har. 
K

No comments:

Post a Comment