April 18, 2016

A Different Journey

This second book in the Broken Bloodlines series, is a much different journey than the first book was.

Book 1: The Awakening was widely comprised of dream-like scenes that would pop into my head. Vivid, colorful and emotionally charged, I had to put them in the story. Incongruities with the rest of the plot?? Ah, don't worry about it. I'll make it work.
And eighty percent of my "weaving" did work, and was interesting. The other strange, analogous 20% was at least interesting, ha ha.

I don't think I've had any of those vivid scenes for this second book. I've had to really think my way through each chapter, but they've been coming easy enough so far **knock on wood**. And yes, some chapters came easier than others, but I've already put in far more work so far in this second book, than I did for most of the first.

I'm going to take some of that and apply it to the topic, "How I've Grown As a Writer." 

KR

No comments:

Post a Comment