April 21, 2016

Doves

There just aren't words.
I heard the news at work, and held it together until I got in my car and listened to the voicemail of condolence from my mom.

I knew there was something funky about today. I was melancholy from the get-go, but didn't know why.

I have so many memories associated with him and his music. Many nights listening to his lyrics while in high school, and just wondering what the hell they meant. His #1 hits was the second CD I ever bought. I remember looking up the lyrics to 'Let's Go Crazy' and being totally flabbergasted that the line was, "Let's look 4 the purple banana till they put us in the truck".

Then years later....So many sets, so many steps, so many twirls and lap dances while his music pounded loud as fuck and the older men appreciated the music.

R.I.P. you sexy beast.


No comments:

Post a Comment