May 05, 2016

UnPlugging Holes or Something Like That

Currently, my cat is crashing through the house, making mad dashes from room to room. How does one smallish animal make so much noise? You guys should hear the racket in here right now.

Anyway, I'm sort of stuck. I'm trying to plan out a very important scene, a very revealing scene, and I'm a little lost.

Queue the questions.

When I'm stuck on a scene, I start asking myself questions. Basic ones to start, just to get the ball rolling. Who's in involved with this scene? What is the conflict?

Sometimes I start at the end, and work my way forward. Sometimes, I start in the beginning, jump to the back, jump to the middle, etc. Working purely on scene description helps stimulate the action ideas.

If I'm really stuck, I will start planning out the next chapter. Sometimes I plan out the next five chapters, mull on those parts of the plot, and then try to go back to the "hole".

But plug I must. I must get rid of these stuck parts, I must make it work, Get words down,  sometimes by just throwing words down and hoping that out of the mess I will be able to keep a couple of sentences.

Happy writing,

KR

No comments:

Post a Comment