August 15, 2016

Have I Made Any Progress?

Help me, dear readers. I'm stuck in a hole of self-doubt.
Today I am wondering- have I made any progress on being a "normal productive adult"?
  It's been three years since I left my former life, and I've had moderate success at leaving that hot mess behind and being an adult.
  Bpphhhttttt!
Up until recently I really thought I had made major progress. But now I'm being chased by the self-doubt monster and I'm thinking, "Am I irrevocably damaged?"
 Did I spend too much time in the underbelly of society, running wild? Can I still be successfully acclimated into the business world? Or am I always going to struggle with self-doubt and anxiety?
 I guess I'm wondering if because I didn't have the building blocks of adulting established early on, I am always going to be struggling to catch up. Did I spend too much time seeing things through a haze of smoke and fog to ever be able to fully clear it? Am I broken?
  I feel like no one gets my sense of humor. I feel like I fail miserably as an adult. And its funny- all I wanted when I was 18, was to be 30, and to be living a sensible, adult life. Man, if I could only have looked ahead and seen what a crock of shit it is, haha.
I was lucky to be able to escape, but it is not easy. That industry is so very different on so many levels from the real world, that it's a roller coaster of acclimation that a lot of former dancers fail at. I will not fail, but I've got to find my niche. That's the struggle.
  Ok, I'll stop whining and get to writing.

KR

No comments:

Post a Comment