August 16, 2016

Older Notice

It's funny how your priorities change as you age; and how national/worldwide events stick more.
 I'm watching the Olympics tonight, and just marveling at the the physical prowess being displayed. Utterly amazing. I feel happy for any country that gets winners, I don't hate. I love the displays of nationalism,and get sad over the devastating losses that occur. There have been some gruesome injuries as well, which is heartbreaking.
  Having said that, I don't remember anything from the 2012 Olympics. Or the 2008. Definitely none of the ones before.
  And I feel ashamed over that. Like, why wasn't I paying attention? Recording it somehow?
 And looking back over my twenties, I feel like I failed to record so much. So many important events, milestones, holidays, etc. (I did, however, cut out our local paper's announcement of Barack Obama's win in 2008 and pasted it to the inside of that year's diary. Fo Sho.)
 But that's part of being in your twenties, I've concluded. You're selfish. You're stuck in your small universe, most of which is taken up by whatever relationship drama you're experiencing. You're still putting up with shit that will no longer fly in your thirties (thank god!) You're not reaching out to estranged or distant relatives, making sure they're doing well.
You can bet you're doing that in your thirties, tho.

Just some late night thoughts.
Thanks for stopping by,

KR
 

No comments:

Post a Comment