September 24, 2016

Coffee Bean Bugaloo

My husband and I are coffee snobs. We only like the finest whole beans (usually either Starbucks or my fav, Peets) and we grind them ourselves. 
On the weekends, we switch from the regular coffee brew we use during the week (quick and easy for those blurry-eyed mornings) to our French press. I keep two different containers in the freezer- one finely ground for the coffeemaker, and one a little coarser ground for the French press.
  I love French press coffee. It's like every bit of coffee deliciousness gets pulled out of every little bean- the coffee is so strong, and husky. And the way I make it- it is not for the faint of heart. You must be a true coffee lover in order to withstand my brew.
  My cat, however, is not a fan of our coffee brewing systems. Saturday mornings are our cuddle time and he's all curled up on my lap and snoring away by the time the coffee has finished steeping. Then I unceremoniously dump him aside in my eagerness for the hot drink waiting for me.
  Are you also a coffee snob?  What is your coffee ritual and routine?

KR

No comments:

Post a Comment