June 24, 2013

Split Life

I took Monday and Tuesday of this week to work on the freelance side of things. I sent out a bunch of writing applications Thurs-Sat, and got a couple of promising responses by Sunday night. I filled out one more today, now just waiting to hear back.
I’ve got some catching up to do with school, my head has not been in the game. Sooo very close to the end, and I’m mentally vacated. I’ve left some brains around in my skull to finish the job, just a matter of taking a deep breath, and getting through it. It’s going to feel so good to cross that item off my Things to Finish list! ”
The desperation to get out of dancing, and leave that whole crazy, dysfunctional lifestyle and everyone involved behind burns like a fire at my back. It’s a good heat though, keeps me motivated.
I love the thought of getting paid by the words that I put down on paper (Even if I might not get the byline) but at the same time, I long for a regular paycheck. What that must be like, to plan out how much you are going to make in a month because you know.
I was happy to see via Syracuse.com that the “building with the house on the roof” the one on the corner of Hiawatha and N. Salina (the newspaper had different streets, but I think mine fit) is going to get renovated.  A former trucking company owner, Yiorgos Kyriakopoulos bought it for $200,00 and plans on making commercial space on the bottom, and apartments on the top floors. He might turn the “House” (which is really just a cover for the mechanical parts of the freight elevator that runs through the building) into his office.
This is a pretty awesome happening in our city that needs as much help as it can get. I wish more of the abandoned factories that are sprinkled throughout the city would have more investors and innovators.

No comments:

Post a Comment