October 22, 2013

WIP

For those of you not in the writing know, WIP is Work In Progress. Not the same as whip, of which there are many variations, levels of pain, AND can be quite fun ;) 
 I have been working on my debut novel-no, not the vampire one, that one has been retired. It's not that I'm sick of vampires, although the gigantic surge in popularity the last 10 years was unexpected, its just that there are so many bad renditions of the legend that I'm sorta tuned out, I guess. 
 The one I'm working on now is tentatively titled Requiem, and I'm 20 pages in. Unlike the vampire effort, I know how this one is going to flow, I know the climax *giggle*, and the denouement. 
 It is going to be a dark fiction novel, a storyline woven around a stark portrayal of the exotic dancing subculture I was once involved in. While it will encompass many less-than-stellar factors of the stripping lifestyle, there will also be many elements of dancing that were fun and made good memories.
  Stay tuned! 
K

No comments:

Post a Comment