October 18, 2014

Career Advancement and I Have Fallen off the Writing Train

Good morning my little munchkins. I have excellent news- I have landed a new job- better paying, better atmosphere, better....everything (insert emoticons of celebrations).
I had a hellish week of back-to-back interviews, one every damn day except on Thursday. Got the news on my Friday lunch break and was breaking out in mini jigs all rest of the day while I moved around Christmas merchandise at the current job. Which gets you covered in glitter. How ironic is it that I never wore glitter-which everyone associates with strippers and whores- while dancing but now twinkle regularly?? (Naked tip-girls, don't ever wear glitter. The key is anonymity- the guys want memories, not physical evidence to take home to their wives. DONT. WEAR. GLITTER. EVER.) 
 Anyways, I start next month and I'M SO EXCITED!! I have to get pretty much a whole new wardrobe, which is exciting with a touch of sadness. I can wear pretty clothes, and HEELS !!!!! and not sweat my ass off all day! Which in turn, means that a gym membership will be necessary. Not a problem- that is my preferred mode of exercise. A little tiny bit sad because no more yoga pants. So comfy. No more shopping discount :((((
 As far as falling off the writing train, I've just been so distracted and exhausted and in business mode that the writing bug gets trampled. Don't worry- I feel it coming back already and I think I will take a train ride today. I don't know if I will ever be able to balance the writer and the businesswoman, they don't like each other. Hmm, should I work on Willow Black or Broken Bloodlines?
 By the way, I have had this vampire story in my head for 10 years. And it's still not done. I have such strong moments of wanting to scrap it. I probably should. But I feel like there's a strong, inventive element I can work into it. It just hasn't shown itself to me yet. There's some surprising twist in the plot and the characters that will be amazing once it finally pops out. 

  I'm listening to electronic dub right now, and it's amazing. Once in a while the alien spaceship sound will go off and I'll jump :P Good Times. 
 K 

No comments:

Post a Comment