October 29, 2014

You can all relax, Mercury Retrograde is over

I kept seeing all these little snippets on social media about Mercury Retrograde, and when will it be over, and omg it's so bad (Okay, so mostly from RKOBH). Of course my ass waits until it's passed to actually read up on it. I figured it meant that the current alignment of Mercury was wreaking havoc on peoples lives. 
  Retrograde means that the planet appears to be moving backward in the sky.  Mercury comes from the Latin word merx, or mercator, which means merchant (thank you, Almanac.com) and is also the name that the ancient Romans gave to the Greek god Hermes (yes, before he got epitomized in the form of bright orange boxes  and outrageously priced scarves). Anyways, when Mercury's in retrograde, one is supposed to stay calm, don't make any important financial decisions, don't travel, play it safe and keep your head down until the chaos has passed. 
  Now, I'm looking back at the time period when such chaos was ensuing, and I didn't really have any disasters. I was totally miserable at my old job, but I hooked myself up with a better one. I did give one super shitty haircut, however, that WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN! That, I'm going to blame on Mercury Retrograde for sure.
 How was your October between the 4th and the 25th? 
K

No comments:

Post a Comment