November 02, 2014

In Celebration of NaNoWriMo

In honor of November 1st and the crazy month long writing fest known as NaNoWriMo, I did some research and pulled together three titles that were birthed out of the writing month. I personally have never been able to reach the 50K requirement, but someday.....

 These titles are awesome, and I was surprised at how many I was familiar with. Go WriMos! 

1. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Image result for the night circus by erin morgensternI actually know exactly where this book is on my library's shelves. I've had my eye on it, as I was reminded of such freakish circuses like those delivered by Ray Bradbury. I must definitely pick it up now that I know it was written by a WriMo.






2. Wool, by Hugh Howey

Maybe it's the fact that it takes place in a post-apocalyptic setting, or the fact that the survivors live in a giant silo (so jealous!). Whatever the reason, this book sounds amazing.








 3.  Water for Elephants, by Sara Gruen 


Yes, I have a thing for circuses. This book is on my personal top ten- such a good story, tight narrative that successfully crosses generations, humor laced throughout, along with a dangerous love story.












No comments:

Post a Comment