November 22, 2014

The Work Drain

So, dilemma: 
  I'm discovering that as my career grows, and I'm now in the Mon-Fri 40+ hour workweek grind, that my creativity has been drained. 
  Part of it is out of mental exhaustion at the end of the day- my brain is just shot, I can't come up with anything. 
  And the other part of it is that as my career grows, and I'm finally starting to feel like I'm getting somewhere adult-like, I don't have as much of an urge to create in order to prove myself. Does that make sense?  Before, my writing was not just something to let out my creativity, but it was a strive towards purpose and productivity. Like, see? I'm not just a stripper, I'm a writer. Ahh, the good ole days. Sorta. 
  But maybe it's just an adjustment. It will all sort itself out. And not having a day off in the middle of the week is a bit rough- whatever you gotta get done you can hopefully get done on Saturday. Like, getting snow tires put on. This week had some hairy nights of driving home, let me tell you. 
  Ok, well I have a gross bathroom to get cleaned. Started a bleach soak, and consequently ruined my leggins. Fuck. 
  I hope everyone has an awesome weekend!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment