November 29, 2014

The Journey to publishing The Awakening

My obsession with vampires came after I watched the first Underworld. Oh my God, I fell in love with the sleek pleather wrapped around Beckinsale’s body, and the Gothic blue/black background of the set. To me, that’s how organic vampirism is, with giant castles and dark stormy nights of bloodsucking.
    I first started putting down scenes and ideas for Broken Bloodlines back in.....2006? And when I tell you that this book has evolved over the years, it is so different from what it was originally. 
  Originally, the majority of the action took place in a stripclub (how surprising, I know) and our main lady friend Calissa, started off as Lakyra. I still love that name, too. There was a little more sex in the original version, but I made the sex better in the published version, haha. 
  Back when I started working on it, I was a night owl, still doing night shifts at the club.  I would sleep in till about 1 p.m., get up and make coffee, then write until about 4 when I would start to get ready for work. 
 If work was slow, I would take my notebook and post up at the tables against the wall, and write away until some money came through the door. 
  Here it is, the end of 2014, and the damn thing is finally out there. Much modified, but strengthened. 
  Enjoy! And when you finish it, can you leave me a review? Either here or email me at: kellyraine1818@gmail.com 
  Thank you all :) 

KelBel

No comments:

Post a Comment