June 11, 2016

A Writing Confession

Another Saturday morning. Another writing morning cranked to the side because of a sleeping feline on my lap. *sigh* I don't really mind though, my fur babies are my life and I wouldn't trade the sweet little face that's slumbering only a couple inches away.
  Okay, how is the book going? I need to confess something.
 I am no longer working on Broken Bloodlines. Yes, I have given up on it once more. I had made a decent dent in the editing but there are still some big holes to fix, and....I don't know, I just lost my motivation with it. Those that have been reading my blog long enough know that the B.B. series is my albatross. The perfect plot is always just out of reach. This is a story that I have been trying to finish-really finish- since 2005. Someday, someday...it will get finished, and not just "I am impatient and I'm going to throw it up on Amazon just to feel better" finished, haha. This first book is such a mess because I had no writing plan back then- I was just writing scenes as they came to me, and tried to make it cohesive. (It's not cohesive.)

  Fast forward 2016- these days I'm much more organized with my world building. I have separate documents for character sketches, plot outlines, things-that-need-to-happen graphs. etc.  I have also shifted to a different paranormal camp, one that is infinitely more exciting. The Underbelly Series is a story line that I started fall of 2015, when I was miserable in my job and needed an escape. (Okay, so I'm always looking for an escape, but whatever. )
This story has been talking to me since day 1, and the characters are so bad ass. I still have an end date for book 1 December 2016. And I'm holding myself to that. 
I am currently working through Chapter 10; there's a character who has committed a heinous act- well, actually it was done 22 years previously, but it had just been discovered.  And the demon king is not happy.

I thank you all for your patience. As much as I wanted to be an accomplished writer by this age, I didn't have the self-discipline that I needed to get there. It's roughly ten years later, and I've still got a ways to go but I'm in a much better place to make it happen.
FAITH.

KR

No comments:

Post a Comment