June 14, 2016

Morning Demons

Good morning, readers.
Today I managed to wake up early, enough to get a tad bit of writing done. I love the early morning- I love the quiet, the half-light, the calm before the day begins. However, my love of sleep often outweighs my love of writing.
I'm trying to change that.
I would love to be the type that bounces out of bed the minute the alarm goes off, but alas, it's a daily struggle. Occasionally, when I'm in a super good writing spot, my eagerness to keep the story going will help me not hit the snooze button...again,and again.....but for the most part, my brain tells me to F*** off.
I'm trying to figure out my sleep rhythm, and I suspect that I need to set my alarm even earlier- it seems like any later than 5 a.m., and it's near impossible for me to get out of bed. However, I'm going to have to get my mind used to seeing a '4' and not automatically thinking, No way man. 
 The other side of that quarter is going to bed early enough. This time of year, when it's light until past nine, going to bed at a reasonable hour is a whole 'nuther difficult factor in this.

 I'm really just stalling with this blog post. It's easier to bitch about my sleep schedule than work on Chapter 11. I finished Chapter 10 last night and Chapter 11 requires a good portion of backstory and description. Backstory is easier than description, for me.
 (Besides waking early, description is definitely my biggest writing challenge. I'm much more eager to write action scenes, than to describe what my characters are seeing.)

KR

No comments:

Post a Comment