December 18, 2013

Tribe Maintenance

I have quite the beautiful, snowy, country scene out my window. Snow covered trees, a fenceline, and a falling down barn. In fact, inside that barn lives a barn kitty named Gray Stripe. Don't worry, he's a well-fed barn cat. 
 I am meeting up with a friend in a little while to have a good meal and catch-up. My friend M is a member of my tribe, he's one of those old-fashioned country bumpkins that's happiest when he's up in his tree stand. I have incorporated his character into my novel, in fact. His farmstead is a place of refuge for my main character when she needs to get away.  
 I have my Christmas shopping about half done. Every year I always wonder if I'll ever really get into the spirit like some people do. If I had gobs of money, would that do it? It would make gift-buying easier, but would it change my "Eh" attitude about it? The closest I come is when I happen upon the "perfect" gift for someone, I get a little thrill of excitement. I do admit, it would be nice to have gobs of money to perhaps change up the decorations, and do a whole holiday theme.  
 A Goth Christmas would be fun, I think. 
 K

No comments:

Post a Comment