July 02, 2016

Embrace Technology

Happy Saturday!
Today, I wanted to touch on embracing the different tech platforms that are available to writers.
If you're anything like me, you get your writing station all set up, and the writing goes well for a few days, and then one day, you are just not feeling it. This happens to me, and what I try is to switch up how and where I get my writing done.
 Most early weekday mornings, I'm at the dining room table, on my laptop. I have my coffee mug filled and more often than not, a slumbering kitty on my lap. I tune up my Pandora, put on my headphones and (most) mornings can crank out at least 500 words before I have to start getting ready for work. (And while 500 a day is not a lot, by the end of the weekday, that's 2500 words. Remember to put things in perspective!)
  But then the weekend swings around, and I sleep in a bit later. I'm more in the mood to chill on the couch (again, with the standard feline trapping me) and my phone becomes my writing tablet. I use the Blogger app to update this site, and Google Drive app to get some more words down for The Underbelly Series.
  The message I'm trying to get across for those that get bored by their writing setup (and consequently, feel guilty by lack of writing progress)- don't be afraid to embrace different types of technology to get the writing done. Also, don't be afraid to move your writing studio around as well. It is often a godsend to switch up your scene- it can spark new ideas and get the ball rolling once again.   Be fluid, and you'll be rewarded with more frequent bursts of inspiration.

KR

No comments:

Post a Comment