July 26, 2016

Word Whore

One quick entry before I a) eat dinner and b) Dive into Valiant Ambition by Nathaniel Philbrick.
( I'm usually not much for non-fiction reading, and especially not war recounts, but something about this book strikes me right so I'm going to give it a chance.)
 I've been doing world building research. If I'm honest, I'm really diving into now, despite being fourteen chapters into the hot mess. (Do other authors do this? Am I right on schedule for this?)
  World-building is so much fun! Creating a whole new place the way you want it (ok, we all know it's how the story wants it) and making characters, and "filling them out"--personality, wardrobe, special powers, dislikes, etc.
  I have a LOT of world-building to do.
Other than that, I will be reading. While scrolling through my Instagram feed the other day, I kept seeing people reading, people reading, people reading. I have not done much writing this summer, at all. Well, I'm always listening to audiobooks to and from work, but I haven't read a physical book is a little while.
  So that's what I'll be doing tonight. Catch you on the flipside.

KR

No comments:

Post a Comment