July 23, 2016

Middle Slog

Working with moderate motivation today. However, I have hit the dreaded middle of the book, where I still have the plot road mapped, but it feels like the characters are moving through thick mud. When I manage to crank out a measly 500 words, it feels like a marathon.
  What do I do when I need a serious dose of motivation? I go Author Blog hunting. My twitter (@kellyrwrites) is a great tool for finding them! \
 I miss sitting in Barnes & Nobles, where I used to spend my Friday nights, once upon a time. I get so annoyed when I can't find a table next to a wall outlet though. 
  Ah, that brought back some memories. Another life, really not THAT long ago, but long enough to feel like a lifetime ago.
 I can't even imagine what it's like to be like, eighty years old. How many lifetimes it must feel like you lived through. How many memories you've built up, how much tragedy witnessed, how much joy experienced.
 I guess it's a night of waxing memorabilia, eh?

K
 

No comments:

Post a Comment