July 08, 2016

Soft Dawn

Morning. It's a nice, peaceful morning. I've had smooch sessions with both of my fur babies, and they're now sprawled out at my feet.
I've received some questions about my writing schedule and writing studio.It's such a funny commonality  with writers- we always want to know about other writers' habits, how they get their books written, where they do the writing at, what their studio looks like, etc. I am no exception- I fucking LOVE that shit.

 During the week, I get up around 4:45 AM (okay, I'm giving myself too much credit here- I set my alarm for 4:45. The snooze button gets puts to work once or twice :D ) I immediately hit the coffee machine Go! button and while it's brewing I cuddle my fur babies.
  I set my laptop on my dining room table and open up the sliding glass door curtains. The house is still shrouded in a half-light around that time, and it probably sounds strange, but I love the dawn low light- to me, it feels like a magical half-an-hour or so.
 On the weekends, I usually get some writing done in the morning sitting on the couch (again, with the requisite cat on my lap). If I'm in the groove, I might get as much as three hours done.
  As much as I've fought it over the years, the morning is my best time for writing. It's not seven pm when my brain is shot after work.
  *sigh* And speaking of work.....

KR

No comments:

Post a Comment