July 31, 2016

Go Bold

How many of you are like me, and your writing life is in large part a secret?
I don't talk about it much, I never talk about it to work personnel. I rarely discuss my writing with my husband, or even family.
  Most of that is from fear of criticism. And to make it worse, it's only the last six months or so that I've really been trying to network and connect with people.
  I don't like the spotlight. Which is strange, considering my former lifestyle. However, it was a small club in a medium city. And when the stage did get packed, I did feel self-conscious.
 I want to be more of a puppeteer-send a fantastic book out into the world and watch people enjoy it from afar (while collecting royalty checks, of course.) 
  I have given up on my writing several times. Swore it off, convinced that I will never make anything of it. Too much of the motivation was from the drive to make money off of it. Man, that was a mistake. Honestly, it's only been within the last two years that I've turned from that motivation to a pure inner motivation.
  I'm working on being bold with my writing- demanding time for it and making good use of that time (i.e. staying off my phone.)
  I eat, sleep and dream about it, my heart thrums for it. I can't get over it, so I might as well get on with it.
 Hope you're all growing as writers (and people!) too.
#GoBold 

KR

p.s. This post was in part motivated by the Harry Potter & J.K. Rowling's birthdays and the release of the Cursed Child- I was thinking back to when I first discovered those books and just how amazed I was by the world within. #JKRowlingWentBold

No comments:

Post a Comment