July 06, 2013

Anouk: Modern World

Beautiful Day. At the end of a transitional, fairly successful week.

I've been hired at a local retail joint, and I'm still amazed at how much easier the job hunt was/is without the club hanging over my head. I can't describe how uncomfortable it was, pretending not to be a dancer looking for a job. It's akin to going back to school after you get your first period. It feels like everyone knows, and its mega-paranoia time. 

Is this how every ex-dancer feels, once they've taken the plunge and gotten out of the lifestyle? Like I've shed a dirty old ragged skin that no longer fit. I feel cleaner, refreshed, and I've gotten a good dose of my confidence and self-esteem back that had been overshadowed by The Pole.
Fuck that Pole. 

The lover and I tried out Bagelicious II for breakfast today. Cute little place, good coffee. The bagels? ...Eh. 

We traveled out to his father's camp later, and I met his other brother, his wife, and their adorable daughter. Such fat cheeks!! 
The lake is quite high, no surprise there. It was beautiful out today, and I wish I could stand the heat better. 

The month of June flew by, and it was a stressful, busy month. Good riddance! I only feel a little panicky about losing a whole month of summer where I didn't pack in enough summer activities. However, I got a B in that awful Spanish class, so June can fuck itself.



;)
K

No comments:

Post a Comment