July 18, 2013

Let me Introduce Myself....

Willow Stark Files #1

The guy sitting across from me sneezed into his salad, and I thought, Gross.
"Excuse me!" he spluttered, embarrassed. "Must be the vinegar."
Well, that's a new one, I thought. "It is definitely quite strong in this salad," I offered.
He mimed holding a pad of paper and scribbling on it. He shot his eyes at me with an inquisitive eyebrow. "Hmm? Duly noted for the review?"
This guy was such a dork. But I think he was growing on me. Slowly, very slowly. I ducked my head. "Duly noted."
"How long have you been a food and restaurant critic?"
I've written for many different publications, I've done mostly freelance work, an assignment here, an assignment there. This publication currently is the longest-running."
He paused the salad-loaded fork halfway to his mouth. "Getting paid to eat. That's a pretty awesome gig."
"Well, I have to write about the food I shove in my mouth, too. That's an important component of the gig." I took a bite of the salad. "And it's fun, and assignments are always changing- go to this place and have an appetizer; go to this place and have a dessert, go to this place and get bombed at their bar."
 His eyebrows lifted again and he grinned. "How did that one end up?"
  Now it was my turn to grin, and I took a second to answer. Images of the night I spent with an interracial couple that had picked me up flipped through my mind. Her ochre-colored skin was so incredibly soft, and she smelled like lilacs. His dick had been hard like his body, and punishing. The combination of the silk and sinew was mind blowing, as was the total aplomb they had of just being horny adults, nothing else. The three of us had used fake names, they had said I looked like a 'Calypso'.
"It was a pretty fun night," I offered. The memories I had sifted through made me hot, and I looked over my dinner date. "Bruce" was in his thirties, a programmer at a local tech company.  He was attractive, just not amazingly so. But he had an easy air about him I liked. That didn't necessarily translate into a great lay, but I would find that out in good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment